Designed by Livia Hawker Design
WHAT WE DID:
Our work on this project included:
- Demolishing the old sleepout & clear rear yard for extension
Remove all asbestos external cladding & ceiling lining
- Remove existing internal walls and remove existing bathroom in middle of home.
Timber framed floor on stump construction.
- Recycled Jarrah floors to match existing, sanded & oiled throughout home
Construction of timber framed walls and roof, connecting old and the new
- Fibre cement weatherboard cladding to all external walls
- Plasterboard walls and ceiling with cove cornicing
Custom made traditional cornice to front rooms, maintaining the character features
- Providing plumbing and electrical services to existing & new addition
- Tiling and cabinetry with stone benchtops
- Construct new rear deck and extend front porch, lined with oiled Jarrah boards
- Full external & internal painting
Carpeted floor coverings to bedrooms.
Construction time was extended, with unfavourable weather and COVID restrictions disrupting progress of build. Delays in supply of materials become common, with restrictions on state borders and East coast manufacturing shutdowns. Once new roof & cladding was sealed up, fans were used to dry out wall & floor timbers before covering with plasterboard, timber joinery and finished floors.
This traditional Victoria Park home is one of the best in their street now, has a modern living area and luxury bathrooms for the whole family to enjoy. The large sliding doors opening out on to the rear deck, creates a great entertaining area inside and out.